Wednesday 24 August 2016

London Snapshots - Day One


When it comes to summer holidays, I have always preferred small, cultural/tourist breaks over spending a week sitting around a pool. I'd much rather be exploring, which is why when a city break to London was suggested I jumped at the chance. So, on Friday the 22nd of July, my family and I travelled down to Kennington (a small district just south of the River Thames), dropped off our bags before getting the tube into town.

On our first day we visited many places, including Westminster, The London Eye, Covent Garden, Neal's Yard (to another bloggers recommendation) and Shaftesbury Avenue. I especially loved Covent Gardens! Alongside your everyday shops, there is an indoor market, restaurants and bars as well as street performers. I would highly recommend visiting Covent Garden over somewhere like Oxford Street, simply because the atmosphere is pretty sensational.

Westminster
(My attempt of an arty shot!)

(The Nativity school bus is real... I'm such a Christmas freak)

Whitehall Way
(The sign made me laugh)

The London Eye

Golden Jubilee Foot Bridge

Covent Gardens
(Oops)

Neal's Yard

Covent Gardens - Shaftesbury Avenue
(I 110% recommend going to see Les Miserables at the Queens Theatre - it was incredible!)

And that's it, a few snapshots from my first day in London. I know this post is a little unusual in comparison to my regular content so please let me know if you enjoyed it. I will hopefully be uploading Day Two within the next two weeks so keep your eyes peeled and I guess I'll see you soon!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© modedeviebel | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig