Wednesday 18 May 2016

Homemade Pink Lemonade


Summer (despite this years occasional snow falls) is well and truly upon is. Buds are blooming, birds are chirping and the sun is finally out! There are many little things that remind me of summer; daisy chains, making ice pops and taking trips down to the beach... even though we tend to pick the coldest day of summer to sprawl out on the sand.

One thing in particular that reminds me of those summer days is making sugary concoctions. Iced tea, very berry smoothies and (my all time favourite) pink lemonade! For this weeks blog post I thought I could share this recipe with you! It's very simple. In fact, some people might even describe it as easy peasy lemon squeezy! (Badum tss)

Homemade Pink Lemonade

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 cups superfine sugar
  • 2 cups cranberry juice
  • 4 lemons (for garnish)

First bring the granulated sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium sized pan over a high heat and stir until the sugar has fully dissolved. Once dissolved, take the pan off the heat and pour the sugary substance into a container that is suitable to refrigerate until chilled (roughly one hour).

Once chilled, remove from the refrigerator and add the lemon juice, cranberry juice, superfine sugar and 1 1/2 quarts water to the container. Stir until the sugar has dissolved then once again place in the refrigerator. When making it myself, I leave the lemonade in the refrigerator for the rest of the day as I find that the more chilled the lemonade is the better it tastes!

Finally, when serving add ice cubes and garnish with lemon slices.

And there you have it, a perfect sweet drinks for a warm summers day! I hope you enjoyed this blog post. Let me know if you recreated this recipe or if you have any of your own summer traditions.

Have a great week!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© modedeviebel | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig